GEXSI has been nominated to kick-start and host the German network of certified B Corporations.
B Corp is a global network of companies that pioneer next generation business models that use business as a force for good. The global movement currently comprises more than 1,200 companies in 34 countries around the globe. The global movement is coordinated by the B Lab Foundation, based in Pennsylvania (USA).
In January, 2014, the B Lab Foundation Europe was set-up in Amsterdam by Marcello Palazzi and Leen Zevenbergen, which facilitates the European-wide roll out of the B-Corp movement jointly with the respective country partners.
The range of activities of the B-Lab Foundation comprises
- Handling of the B Corp certification process
- Running advocacy campaigns such as “B the change“
- Managing the B Corp community through events, B Corp job board, and many more initiatives.
Our key aim is to make the concept known in Germany, to create strategic partnerships, and – most importantly – to build an initial group of B Corp leaders that further creates momentum from within the corporate sector.
GEXSI guided the process of building a B-Corp core team, which includes as of now:
- Andreas Renner (GEXSI)
- Andrea Rebensburg (GEXSI)
- Simon Berkler (TheDive)
complemented by a group of ambassadors and volunteers, including Ulf Brandes (Go21), Guido Axmann (Thema1), and more.
GEXSI itself is a Certified B Corporation (since December 2014).
This is how you can access further information:
- Video “I have a dream“: A brief introduction to the concept of B-Cor
- GoodBusiness News , our own B Corp channel in German language.
- The official B-Corp website www.bcorporation.net.